Monday 19 March 2012

A Brand new week


My day started with ‘3 Cups of Tea’ , a book that a friend gave Dieter for Christmas. He has finished reading it (and really enjoyed it!) and has passed on to me. It’s the story of Greg Mortensen, an American man who decided to build a school for a small, forgotten village in Pakistan. I can’t put the book down when I start reading it – which has resulted in many a late night! And since I didn’t read anything last night, I convinced myself it would be alright to read a few pages before getting out of bed this morning.
This morning we continued our discoveries of China and also did some Math. I have also started reading an auto-biography of Marco Polo to Ryan and Jed. Ryan fell asleep while I was reading today ….. it’s the first time he’s ever done that! It should get better as we go on J
Dieter had another appointment with the psychologist this morning and it seems to have gone well. His Mom dropped him at the hospital before going to work and he walked home afterwards. It’s a long walk and he was really tired when he got home. So far its gone quite well sharing Dieter’s parents car, hopefully it won’t be too long before we have wheels of our own.
I think the highlight of the day was the hour-long episode of ‘MacGyver’ which the children watched just before lunch. We had told Ryan and Jed of how we used to watch MacGyver as children and they’ve watched some episodes on Youtube over the last year – and really enjoyed it! Watching an episode every week day before lunch is a real treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment