Saturday 7 April 2012

So much to share


Every day there are things many that come to mind that I could blog about and share with family and friends. Sometimes its hard to choose what to blog about. Other days I just can’t think of anything worth sharing. Today was one of those jam-packed days!

Throughout the day there were many things that I saw that I wish we could share more tangibly – like the view of the ocean as Ma and I drove home from Mosselbay today, or the huge, green yards and massive houses many South Africans are spoiled with! Oh, and the amazing bite-size sweet and savoury eats we were served at Stefanie’s bridal shower today! Shjoe, South Africans know how to do it! (Everything on the table was a minature and absolutely delicious from chicken pastries to spinach and cheese muffins, to cupcakes and truffles and chocolate cake!

Some things remind me of life in Cyprus and make me miss them, and others I really don’t miss. Its autumn and the HUGE leaves are falling from the trees and shades of gold, green and orange cover the grass sidewalks and lie in the gutters alongside the roads. And I’m so very glad we don’t have to sweep them up! Cypriots generally have a fetish for sweeping their verandahs and roadsides almost daily and I often felt like an inferior neighbour for not making sweeping a more regular priority. I don’t miss that.

Ma and I were invited to surprise Stefanie, one of Dieter’s cousins, with a bridal shower in Mosselbay today. She and Kobus are getting married early in May and its all so very exciting! We were a small group of close friends and family who met in an intimate little theatre and it was an incredibly special celebration. She got some lovely things to use in the kitchen (and food items too) and loved the apron I bought for her - she put it on straight away! It was so nice to be able to see Stefanie and her sister Karlien again after all these years, they have both grown into very beautiful young woman.

Later this afternoon we went and bought 2 more bikes, so Ethan and I now have a bike of our own too. He is in his element, and eager to get out and ride! Once the Easter weekend is over we can continue our search for a trike for Jed with fresh determination. Ethan and Aimee then helped me make a delicious ham and spinach pasta dish for supper after which Ryan and Jed helped make a peppermint crisp tart. What a joll! We’re expecting Dieter’s cousin Jeff and his wife Tanya and my cousin Angela and her friend to spend the day with us tomorrow. A chicken potjie and peppermint crisp tart are just two of the tricks up our sleeve for the day! I’m soooo looking forword to seeing Angela, the youngest of my Cracknell cousins who all live in the UK – what a spoiling!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment