Thursday 19 April 2012

Out and About


Out and About. That’s the best way to describe our day today. This morning the six of us headed towards town with a short list of things to do. Home Affairs wasn’t too pleased with the photo I’d handed in with my passport application and asked me to redo it. ‘Look directly at the camera, and keep your mouth closed!’. Well the new photo I had taken at the travel agent next door to the Home Affairs office must be the worst photo I’ve ever used for an official document and I’m sure I can expect lots of suspicious looks at passport control in different countries for the next 10 years.

Ryan and Jed now have new South African passports, and with the most handsome photos of them too. Dieter has a new ‘Green one’ too, so at least half of us can now legally be in the country and not as foreigners!

A short visit to the library to get new books, the diary shop for new yoghurt, Golden Harvest for fruit and veggies, the bolt shop, PEP and Shoprite took us about 2 and half hours as we dotted around town.

This afternoon at football – where Ryan was practicing with his new team for their match on Saturday – I met Paula. Her family has been living in Mozambique for the past 13 years and has also recently returned to South Africa. Again I was so amazed at how small the world is: they have met our friends the Lepps who live in Pemba, Mozambique! It was lovely to chat to someone else that had been out of the country for so long and to hear some of her stories. It is amazing how God has orchestrated our meeting different folk at different times!  And the timing is always perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment