Friday 14 December 2012

I turn 40!

(I prepared the post to blog on the actual day ... but didn't get it up in time due to internet restrictions. Here it is anyway)

I was born on 11 December 1972 into the Gifford Family. Today I celebrate my 40th Birthday. Nothing's changed too much - I was cute then, am cute now!



In the week preceeding my birthday I was very sad. Here we are in 'deep, dark, Africa' and the people I would really like to have celebrate this special milestone with me are spread ALL over the world. I prepared a collage from all the digital photos I could find of some of those people .... There are many, too numerous to mention and I definitely don't have EVERYONE on these collages!

(I am very fortunate to be spending my birthday with Oupa and Ouma this year, for the first time in about 11 years! And, I have made two handfuls of really special friends since we've moved here!)

(PS:  My birthday did end very differently to what was planned - according to MY knowledge - but I'll do another post on the actual day and what we did)

So here is a sort of tribute to the friends and family I love so much that are spread across the globe:



My beautiful family!

Cyprus friends



Friends from far and wide, new and old





No comments:

Post a Comment