Saturday 1 December 2012

December arrives


I can’t believe that the last month of 2012 has arrived! And with it, the weekend! We’re all feeling really tired after a very busy week, and in desperate need of some rest. A good mix of learning, fun, friends, business and visiting family has filled our week and left us drained of energy.

Waking to yet another grey, cold and wet day made my heart sink! I don’t like to complain about the weather and have managed to just ‘go-with-the-flow’ for a long while now …. But I’ve now had my fill of winters and autumns! The last warm sunny weather we had was last year sometime, before the Northern Hemisphere winter arrived. Fortunately the worst of the cold (and snow) only arrived in early January, but for more than a year now we’ve lived in autumns and winters because of our move to the Southern Hemisphere. I am desperate for summer, desperate! It’s my birthday in 10 days time and my overseas family (in particular) are getting very excited on my behalf. Up till now all I’ve really wanted is a nice, quiet day relaxing with my family, enjoying fun and good food together but today I made an official announcement:

All I want for my birthday is sunshine!

I told the children not to spend any money on gifts and to rather spend the next 10 days praying for sunshine ….. I would love some sunshine!

I did two loads of washing when it looked like it wouldn’t rain for a long while, even if the sky is still as dark as steel. It will take more than a day to dry, I was being adventurous, I admit!

I’m really glad it didn’t rain because Ryan and Ethan were really looking forward to their football game this afternoon. We spent 2 and a half hours down on the football field watching them play and relaxing some more. Ryan and Ethan were two of about 10 children who actually pitched for their games and so the games didn’t quite happen as planned. Eventually, all 10 of them joined together to make a team to play against the 7 Stars, another team. It was actually great fun!

We got home after 3pm and had lunch together before choosing to just relax in the lounge for the rest of the afternoon. We’re watching a movie together and are cosy and warm, wrapped up and protected from the cold, windy, wet outdoors. I’m looking forward to relaxing for the rest of the weekend before the new week starts again!

No comments:

Post a Comment