Monday 4 June 2012

Who needs a handbag?


Who needs a handbag? I have my wallet in my one pocket, mobile phone in the other and my family and friends close to my heart! I don’t need a handbag!
I spent a delightful hour with the homeschooling soccer moms this afternoon celebrating Marna’s birthday. Marna is such a gentle-spirited woman, a dedicated wife and devoted mother to 2 gorgeous little boys. I’m so very blessed to have met her in this season of my life. One of the moms organised a tea picnic so we could celebrate her special day while the boys practiced today. The variety of topics we discussed was very diverse, punctuated by much laughter, and the handbag issue was one of those topics.

I’m so very grateful for how God has provided people around us during this season of our lives. I can’t truly say ‘we’re settled’ as those aren’t our intentions right now, but I know that we are slowly finding our feet and one of the ways God is strengthening us is by sending amazing people across our paths. Thank you Lord!

We had a busy afternoon and were continually on the go and one big step in the right direction (and there were a few!) was that I got registered with the health inspector. I’ve waited too long for him to call me, so I called on him (only to miss his call by 5minutes!) but I got the necessary application forms for certification and got straight to work. They need information like the erf/plot number, how many male/female workers there are, whether there are toilets/wash basins, etc and R120 application fee before they come out to have a look at our kitchen. All that is done now, and I’m hoping that now that the paper work is in, the health inspector for our area will come see us quickly! But, this is George, nothing here happens quickly, Cyprus prepared us for this, LOL! Once the health inspector has given us our certification, I can go back to SEDA and they can sponsor a big portion of my printing/advertising costs. AND, I can get started with cooking the kiddies meals on the menu, so we can calculate costs and selling prices. I’m praying the health inspector has ants in his pants and gets here soon! Tomorrow would be good!

It hasn’t rained for 2 whole weeks now and the days are lovely and sunny. The garden fundies are noticing how dry the flower beds are becoming, but I’m loving the warmth! The rest of the country is experiencing the cold of winter already, but its lovely and mild here, much like autumn in Cyprus.

Colin and Jane were in our thoughts and prayers today as they flew back to the UK after nearly 20 years of life and ministry in Cyprus. Colin was the pastor of the church we attended in Larnaca and he and Jane are special friends. Very special friends – not just to us, but to many others too that I know are sad and hurting today as they said goodbye. Thank God he is always in control and moving us where He wants us to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment