Wednesday 19 September 2012

Ready or not - here I come!

Its just after 3pm in the afternoon and I think I've already experienced my most favourite moment of the day! It wasn't anything planned - I was outside picking up some papers in the garden when Aimee came out to spy on me. One thing lead to another and within moments we were playing 'Hide 'n seek'! She counted to 10 and I found a place to hide. She found me! I counted to 10 and she found a place to hid .... and I found her! Then I left her counting to about 20 while I sneaked around the front of the house and stood by the front door in a refreshing patch of shade.

She ventured into the house to find me, not realising that I'd stayed outside, and I was left on the front porch for a while. It was shady and cool, and there was a lovely, light breeze. As I stood there in statue-silence, I was able to hear the many different birds chirping as they flew nearby and had a good look at all the spring-flowers blooming nearby. For those few moments it was very tranquil! I just love spring! I love the promise of new things to come after the harsh, cold winter.

Just today Ethan commented that he's really looking forward to summer! When we asked him why, he answered in an excited giggle that he 'can't wait to swim!'. After 2 cold winters in 1 short year, we're all looking forward to lots of swimming this summer.

We're home alone again for 24 hours while Oupa and Ouma head off to Alghulas where Ouma is going to work tomorrow. Before they left they took Ryan and Jed out for a special breakfast this morning and then took them birthday shopping. Ryan came home with a lovely pair of takkies (running shoes) and Jed returned with some lovely, smart shorts and a sleeping t-shirt. They'd had a great time together.

While they work out this morning I did a load of washing, tidied up Ethan and Aimee's room and their clothes that were still in my room from the weekend and did some tidying in the kitchen. Then we headed into town to have the printers look at the contravision on our car, which is already fading! Dieter popped into the bank to pay for the advertisement we've just put in the Family Survival Guide magazine (our biggest and most strategic marketing decision so far!). We then visited a couple of printers, hoping to get some stickers printed. Unfortunately we still haven't found anyone willing to print small quantities of stickers, but we've did find 4 new printers we need to visit!

In the process we also had a tour of the sticker printing depot of Label Leaders here in George - wow, what an amazing business they've got going there! The tour of the depot was very interesting for Dieter, Ethan, Aimee and I! The little ones came home with rolls of empty stickers which they've now been sticking on various empty spots!!!!! We all had a great time!

The day isn't over! After lunch we watched an episode of Amazing Race together (and thought of Yvonne!). Later this afternoon we're planning on visiting a few shops, the library and ending our day at a homegroup gathering. This is a new homegroup, one we haven't visited before so its new to us! We're looking forward to sharing a meal together and meeting some new friends.

As you can see ..... there never really is a dull moment. Ready or not - here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment