Friday 18 May 2012

Spontaneous

Another day in paradise. Yesterday afternoon as I sat with some other moms watching the boys play football, the wind blew the clouds over the mountain and it got verrrry cold. Today, it’s a lovely sunny day here in George and its quite warm. The weatherman promised us a warm, sunny day with the mercury touching the 30degree mark, and its lovely!

Ethan decided last night that it was his teddy bear and stuffed dog’s birthday today. They are apparently twins. He didn’t forget when he woke up this morning and he has spent the morning, together with Aimee, creating an incredibly festive atmosphere. There has been noisy singing and banging of boxes and drums and I’m sure I’ve heard the ‘Happy Birthday’ song at least a dozen times.

While the children all watched MacGyver, just before lunch, I whipped up a batch of chocolate muffins with a little help from Aimee. 19 muffins are now cooling in the kitchen and Aimee and I will decorate them with our brand new box of decorative sprinkles in time for the ‘party’, which must happen before this afternoon’s football practice.

I’ve always been a spontaneous person. I love it when friends pop in for coffee unannounced and when arrangements are made without much time for formalities. I’ve found that there aren’t too many spontaneous people in this world – many people’s diaries and agendas are filled to the bulge with plans and commitments and they just don’t have room to move one inch to the left or right of those plans without them being ruined. I’m glad to see how well my own children cope with spontaneous decisions and how they live in the moment. I love it when someone pops in unannounced close to a mealtime and one or more of our children invite them to stay and enjoy the meal with us. And I love it even more when they do stay!

And I wonder what adventure tomorrow holds in store for us?

No comments:

Post a Comment